Androstenedione is a type of test used to determine various problems in the adrenal glands.
What is Androstenedione?
Androstenedione is a test conducted to determine the function of adrenal glands and various other disorders like Virilization, Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia, etc…The Androstenedione test indicates whether the level of this particular steroid hormone is high or low. This test is used to determine various other sexual disorders presented by the patients.
Why is Androstenedione suggested?
Androstenedione is suggested when a person is presented with the following symptoms,
- Pain in the genital region.
- Deepening of voice.
- Various other genital disorders.
How is Androstenedione tests performed?
The patient is asked to undergo a blood test to confirm the Androstenedione like,
- The blood is drawn from the vein of the patient with the help of a needle.
- The site is properly disinfected with an antiseptic liquid and a chord is tied to indicate the vein clearly.
Androstenedione tests provide perfect results.
What are the parameters measured in Androstenedione?
The parameters measured in Androstenedione are,
- Prolactin level measurement.
- Androstenedione levels are measured.
Preparation before performing Androstenedione
Before the Androstenedione test the patients should,
- Inform about the previous medications to the doctors since certain steroid-based medications can affect the result of the test.
Post-care after Androstenedione
Post-care after Androstenedione testing are,
- The patient can leave immediately after the test since it is a normal blood test.
- The doctor will start the treatment for the particular disorder. The doctor might conduct various other tests to confirm the correct type of autoimmune disease present in the patient.
Sample types in Androstenedione
The sample types in Androstenedione are,
Side effects of Androstenedione test
Common Side effects of Androstenedione tests are,
- The patient might experience discomfort during the test while drawing blood.