Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹549 ₹799
Cases done by
No Psychiatrists available currently
Consult Top Psychiatrists Online on MFine
Sound mental and emotional health is critical for the overall well-being of an individual. Often, it is seen that people tend to ignore the warning signs associated with mental health problems and do not seek help at the right time. Keep your inhibitions at bay and reach out to a mental health counselor online for help on MFine. We have an array of highly qualified and experienced psychiatrists online who can give the best online psychiatric consultation.
Consult our expert psychiatrists online now and rest assured that your privacy is 100% intact with us. Opt for this convenient online doctor consultation and get excellent treatment from experienced psychiatrists.
If you or a loved one was diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past, consider taking a COVID-19 antibody test to test your immunity levels.
What do our Psychiatrists Do?
The best psychiatrists can be found on MFine who will be more than happy to address any issue you might be facing. Be it depression, anxiety, trauma, or any such related disorder, our online counselors and psychiatrists will promptly assess and help when you reach out to them. They will listen without prejudice, study symptoms, and after psychological evaluations and tests, will recommend a further course of action. Just search for "psychiatrist near me" or if you are actively seeking a psychiatrist for a specific condition, for instance, depression, "psychiatrist near me for depression" to be led to the nearest psychiatrist in your city.
You can also talk to a psychiatrist online to receive a second opinion about your condition. In this case, consult a psychiatrist if:
- You have already been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, or any other mental illness
- You are concerned about your stress levels, or alcohol addiction
- You are undergoing medications to treat a mental illness
- You experience suicidal thoughts
What Do Psychiatrists Treat?
If you are suffering from a mental illness, ignoring it can lead to much severe repercussions and cause irreparable damage. The best option is to talk to a psychiatrist online. If you are wondering about which doctor to see for depression, the psychiatrist is the answer. A mental health professional, such as a psychiatrist, is the doctor for depression and other mental disorders who is professionally qualified to prescribe medications and guide you through psychotherapy treatment. Doctors on MFine can help you with online mental health counseling.
- Depression: According to a study conducted by the World Health Organisation, around 200 million people suffer from depression in India. Since depression is still a taboo subject in most places and proper awareness or education is not prevalent, we might not realize that we are depressed.
The question ‘How do I know if I am depressed’ can be answered by familiarizing yourself with the symptoms of depression - such as the loss of appetite, feeling guilty or isolated, to name a common few. There can be many reasons for depression. Depression in children is not uncommon so don’t hesitate to make a call. If you are suspicious about having hit the blues, reach out to a doctor for depression near you or get MFine’s psychiatric online consultation today. In addition, you can also search for “best psychiatrist near me for depression” on the MFine App to get treated immediately.
- Anxiety: The feeling of anxiety is common to everyone; it is the natural response of our body to stress. Anxiety helps in pushing people to do better and be motivated. Anxiety disorder, on the contrary, does the opposite. The signs and symptoms of anxiety include recurrent anxiety attacks, numbness, and loss of confidence, although, these vary from person to person. The causes of anxiety can be a combination of many factors involving genetics and environmental factors. It is also usual to find people suffering from anxiety to also suffer from depression. Intense cases of anxiety disorder require medication or psychotherapy, the simpler ones can be treated with certain changes to one’s lifestyle. If you are concerned, you can search for “best psychiatrist near me for anxiety” on the MFine App to get treated immediately.
- Bipolarity: Bipolar behaviour is characterized by frequent and alternating display of extreme emotions, be it sadness, excitement, or excessive energy. The symptoms of bipolar disorder include mania or hypomania, which refers to emotional highs and depression. The treatment for bipolar disorder involves a combination of medication and psychotherapy. Early detection of the disorder by paying attention to the signs and getting psychiatric help can go a long way. You can have a chat with psychiatrist online through MFine to understand your mental health status.
- Schizophrenia and psychotic behaviour: Schizophrenia or psychotic behaviors are mental disorders that are prevalent among adults or young adults. The symptoms of schizophrenia include experiencing delusions, hallucinations, disorganized thinking or abnormal motor behavior. Although the person may have to live with it for life, expert psychiatric guidance and medication can help. Hence, online mental health counseling is imperative in these cases.
- Neurodevelopmental problems: Disorders like dyslexia, autism, speech disorders, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), etc. are observed in children during infancy or childhood. Since these are disorders that affect children right from a young age, they need acute care and psychiatric consultations right from when they are young. Getting an online counselor or online psychologist on your side can make good progress to deal with the situation and equip all the concerned parties to tide along more smoothly.
- Gender dysphoria: Sometimes people struggle to identify with their assigned genders. They find themselves to be very uncomfortable with their body and associating themselves with specific gender-assigned roles. It is an extremely serious issue that needs to be handled by being sensitive and without imparting any kind of judgement. Having gender dysphoria doesn’t make a person mentally ill. But this conflict between one’s biological identity and internal identity can lead to depression, anxiety, and other problems. Keep your inhibitions at bay and reach out to a mental health counselor online for help on MFine.
- Other various disorders: Mental illnesses cover a wide gamut of disorders. Among other issues include personality disorders, sexual problems, neurocognitive disorders, eating and sleeping disorders, etc. The best way to deal with it is by being familiar with the symptoms so as to be able to recognize it and by getting immediate expert treatment from a psychiatrist online.
When faced with mental illness, one shouldn’t shy away from getting psychiatric help because of the stigma attached with it. If you feel like you are struggling, feel free to reach out to psychiatric online consultations, on MFine, to connect you with experienced and qualified online psychiatrists.
- How do I know if I should see a psychiatrist?
Physical health and mental health are related. If you find yourself repeatedly having a physical health problem without any specific cause, it is time to seek out an online counselor or online psychologist. Some of the physical health symptoms that you may suffer if you are going through a mental disorder include sleeplessness, loss of appetite, weight loss etc.
- What is the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?
A psychiatrist is a mental health professional, who deals with mental disorders and works in the healthcare space. It is only a psychiatrist who can give you prescriptions or provide psychotherapy. A psychologist, on the other hand, studies the human mind and its behaviour. It can thus be applied to many fields, mental health being one among the many.
- What does a psychiatrist do?
A psychiatrist is a medical health professional, who deals in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of the physical and mental aspects of mental, behavioural or emotional disorders. A psychiatrist also prescribes medicines and provides psychotherapy for treatment. If you are struggling with depression or anxiety, for example, you can easily reach out to the right psychiatrist in your city by searching for "psychiatrist near me for depression" or anxiety.
- What questions will a psychiatrist ask me?
Psychiatrists often ask open ended questions to get you to open up and get talking about the reason behind why you are seeking help. They also ask about your medical history, the duration of your medication, your previous diagnosis and treatments and also about the psychiatric history of your family.
- Can you tell your psychiatrist everything?
Your psychiatrist is expecting you to open up so that help and guidance can be given. Opening about what’s bothering you, even if unpleasant, is the key. Although what you tell your psychiatrist is confidential, there may be times when they have to breach that protocol to protect the safety of the parties involved. These terms will be discussed with you before the start of your session. If you want to talk to a psychiatrist online, book an online consultation on MFine to improve your mental well-being.
- What to expect when going to a psychiatrist?
It is only natural to be nervous about your first visit to the psychiatrist. When you go to a psychiatrist, you will be expected to open up so be prepared for questions. You should also be ready with your medical history. It is only natural that you may not be comfortable with the first psychiatrist you go to, so don’t hesitate to reach out to another, if needed.
- How can I test my mental health?
You can test your mental health by seeking professional help. There are many services that offer online psychiatric consultations such as MFine, where you can consult with top psychiatrists from the comfort and privacy of your home. Through MFine, you can easily chat with psychiatrist online or have video consultations, according to your preference. If you are concerned, you can search for “best psychiatrist near me for anxiety” or “best psychiatrist near me for depression” on the MFine App to kickstart your treatment journey. Or else, approach the family doctor who can refer a psychiatrist to you.
During this pandemic, it is highly advisable to opt for a COVID antibody RT PCR test for safety and assurance at the comfort of your home accurately on MFine.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App