Chest Pain? There are more to know about
Sternal pain, also known as Costochondritis or Chest Wall Pain is the inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone.
Annually, there are more than 6,5000 cases of chest pain in young adults. 
- Treatable by medical professionals
- Diagnostic tests are required
- Short term; usually resolves within a few weeks
Sternum pain is usually related to problems with the bones and muscles. It may also be the result of gastrointestinal problems. In some cases open heart surgery also leads to the development of this condition.
Sternal pain is most likely to affect young individuals aged 10 to 21. It may affect older individuals too.
- Pain on the breastbone (left side)
- Pain that is usually sharp, aching and pressurizing
- When the pain affects more than one rib
- Pain that worsening with deep breathing or coughing
- Applying heat or ice
- Stretching exercises focus on the chest muscles
- Taking optimum rest
The below medication should be taken as per doctorâ€™s guidance and prescription:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Anti-seizure drugs
- Over-the-counter nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs pain relievers
Consult a doctor if the symptoms start to show. We, at mfine provide accurate diagnosis and smooth treatment with a team of qualified doctors.