Everything to Understand About Contusion of Foot
Our feet act as shock-absorbers, but after a lot of wear and tear, they can develop injuries or bruises. This is known as Contusion of Foot.
Foot contusion usually takes a few days to a few weeks to heal. 
1. Usually self-treatable
2. Does not require diagnosis
3. Lab tests or imaging not required
4. Resolved within days to weeks
There may be little swelling and bleeding in the affected part. There may be several causes of Contusion of a foot. It might be because of sports injury, aging, unsupportive shoes, fractures or breaks, or other reasons.
1. The bruise will change its color from red to bluish to yellow, and back to normal.
2. Swelling in the foot
3. There might also be some bleeding
1. Resting for a day or two
2. Ice helps in reducing the swelling and pain.
3. Wrapping the foot in a tight bandage may help
4. Keeping the foot elevated above the level of the heart while sitting or lying down can also help.
Medication: Doctors may suggest NSAIDs, non-weight bearing casts or boots, which will immobilize the foot, preventing further damage.
Specialists: Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.