Vitamin D Test
1 Test Included
This package covers
- Measurement: Vitamin D Levels
Why should you book this package?
If you are Male or Female above 18 years
If your bones and joints hurt frequently
Recommended minimum once a year
Select mfine Lab Partner
Accreditation: NABL, ISO
Healthians is India’s largest provider of health test at-home service, creating a new benchmark in quality.
- Trusted by over 600,000 households
- 300+ trained technicians
- 46 touch-point technology for assured quality collection & testing
Tests Included (1)
- Healthians will allocate a certified lab technician 12-24 hours before your scheduled slot
- Samples will be collected at your house by the Healthians phlebotimist in the scheduled slot
- Your reports will be uploaded on the app within 48 hours of sample collection
- Online consultation with a senior doctor is scheduled for you along with the reports
- Based on your results, our senior doctor will share their advice & a personalized prescription
Vitamin D Test at Home
What is a Vitamin D test?
Vitamin D is an important nutrient that contributes to the growth and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. There are two types of vitamin D that our body requires: vitamin D2 and vitamin D3. While vitamin D3 is made by our own body when we are exposed to sunlight, it is also found in some foods such as eggs and fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and tuna.
When absorbed by the body, vitamin D2 and D3 are changed into a different form of vitamin D called 25 hydroxyvitamin D, abbreviated to 25(OH)D. A vitamin D blood test measures the amount of 25(OH)D in the blood. General physicians compare your reports to a normal vitamin D level and indicate nutrition problems, bone disorders, organ damage or other medical conditions. Though the test is mainly used to screen bone conditions, it is also an important test for people with chronic illnesses such as psoriasis, asthma and certain autoimmune diseases.
Essentially, a normal vitamin D level helps to keep your bones strong. It not only helps to absorb calcium better in the body, but it also works with the parathyroid glands to maintain the balance of calcium and vitamin D throughout all the organs in the body, and stops the body from taking calcium from the skeleton.
Why do I need a vitamin D test?
Your doctor may recommend that you take a vitamin D blood test if he/she sees low vitamin D symptoms in your body. It may also be recommended if you have a higher risk of developing low vitamin D symptoms due to certain conditions. These include:
- Bone weakness, bone malformation, and bone softness in adults which is known as osteomalacia
- Fractures, especially if you are prone to breaking your bones often
- Osteoporosis or other bone disorders, which is prevalent in women after menopause
- Heart diseases and stroke risk in the family history
- High blood pressure and diabetes
- Previous gastric bypass surgery, which may disrupt the absorption of vitamin D in the body
- Difficulty in absorbing fat in your diet
- The amount of melanin in your skin; people with higher melanin amounts in their bodies may need more vitamin D in their diet
- Age, as older people are more likely to have lower levels of vitamin D
What happens during a vitamin D test?
A simple blood test is needed to measure vitamin D levels. A small needle is inserted into a vein in your arm through which a small vial of blood is collected. The needle may sting and may also leave a small bruise at the point where it is inserted, but the whole procedure is virtually painless and less than 5 minutes long. You could do a blood test at the clinic or the lab when you visit the doctor, or use the mfine app to book a home visit where the blood sample will be collected at your convenience at your home. You do not need any special preparations for the blood test.
What help do we provide?
We at mfine, ensure that you always have access to the best doctors in Unnao at your fingertips. We are a mobile health platform that help deliver on-demand healthcare services to patients from the best hospitals in Unnao. You can receive the online report of your full blood count in a matter of 48 hours, all analysed by trained technicians and using high-end technology. The report can also be compared to the normal vitamin D level to analyse your condition. A medical professional from Healthians will visit your home and take you through the process of the vitamin D test. You can then consult with the top top general physicians in Unnao. for a detailed analysis.