Vitamin D Test
1 Test included
This package covers
- Immunity Parameter: Vitamin D Levels
Why should you book this package?
If you are Male or Female above 18 years
If your bones and joints hurt frequently
Recommended minimum once a year
Select mfine Lab Partner
Healthians is India’s largest provider of health test at-home service, creating a new benchmark in quality.
- Trusted by over 600,000 households
- 300+ trained technicians
- 46 touch-point technology for assured quality collection & testing
Tests Included (1)
- Healthians will allocate a certified lab technician 12-24 hours before your scheduled slot
- Samples will be collected at your house by the Healthians phlebotimist in the scheduled slot
- Your reports will be uploaded on the app within 48 hours of sample collection
- Online consultation with a senior doctor is scheduled for you along with the reports
- Based on your results, our senior doctor will share their advice & a personalized prescription
Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality care at affordable costs.
- Centralized laboratory processing 60,000 samples daily
- State of the art diagnostic infrastructure for accuracy & precision
- ISO 9001:2008 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certified
Tests Included (1)
- Press 'Book Package' below to pay for the package.
- Once the order is confirmed, Thyrocare will allocate a certified lab technician 12-24 hours before your scheduled slot
- Samples will be collected at your house by Thyrocare lab technician during the scheduled slot
- Your report will be available on the app within 24-48 hours of sample collection.
- Your free consultation will start when your reports are ready.
- Our doctor will explain your test results and share his advice.
Vitamin D Test at Home
What is a Vitamin D test?
A vitamin D blood test checks the levels of vitamin D in your body to ensure you are not deficient. Vitamin D is an important nutrient that contributes to the growth and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. There are two types of vitamin D that our body requires: vitamin D2 and vitamin D3. Vitamin D2 and D3 deficiency effects can vary from acute to chronic, making it important to test for normal vitamin D levels with a vitamin D blood test at least once a year.
While vitamin D3 is made by our own body when we are exposed to sunlight, it is also found in some foods such as eggs and fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, and tuna. When absorbed by the body, vitamin D2 and D3 are changed into a different form of vitamin D called 25 hydroxyvitamin D, abbreviated to 25(OH)D. A vitamin D blood test measures the amount of 25(OH)D in the blood. General physicians compare your reports to a normal vitamin D level and indicate nutrition problems, bone disorders, organ damage or other medical conditions. Though the vitamin D blood test is mainly used to screen bone conditions, it is also an important test for people with chronic illnesses such as psoriasis, asthma and certain autoimmune diseases.
Essentially, normal vitamin D levels help to keep your bones strong. It not only helps to absorb calcium better in the body, but it also works with the parathyroid glands to maintain the balance of calcium and vitamin D throughout all the organs in the body.
Effects of low vitamin D can appear as subtle symptoms at first, most commonly as lower back pain and generalised weakness. Since this vitamin is an essential vitamin, it’s important to maintain healthy and normal vitamin D levels. Avail a vitamin D deficiency test in Sonipat today to ensure you’re in optimal health.
Why do I need a vitamin D test?
Your doctor may recommend that you take a vitamin D blood test if they see vitamin D deficiency symptoms in your body. It may also be recommended if you have a higher risk of developing low vitamin D symptoms due to certain conditions. These include:
- Bone weakness, bone malformation, and bone softness in adults which is known as osteomalacia
- Fractures, especially if you are prone to breaking your bones often
- Osteoporosis or other bone disorders, which is prevalent in women after menopause
- Heart diseases and stroke risk in family history
- High blood pressure and diabetes
- Previous gastric bypass surgery, which may disrupt the absorption of vitamin D in the body
- Malabsorption syndrome
- The amount of melanin in your skin; people with higher melanin amounts in their bodies may need more vitamin D in their diet
- Age, as older people are more likely to have low vitamin D symptoms
In case you do not suffer from the above conditions, you should check for low vitamin D symptoms. These include:
- Low immunity and frequent infections
- Lower back pain
- Hair loss
- Pain in bones and joints
- Muscle pain
Since vitamin D deficiency symptoms in adults are not always obvious or evident, you should check with a general physician in Sonipat about any vitamin D deficiency symptoms you may present to start low vitamin D treatment if required. Your doctor may request you to get a vitamin D home test in Sonipat to confirm the same.
What happens during a vitamin D test?
A simple vitamin D blood test is needed to measure for normal vitamin D levels in the body. A small needle is inserted into a vein in your arm through which a small vial of blood is collected. The needle may sting and may also leave a small bruise at the point where it is inserted, but the whole procedure is virtually painless and less than 5 minutes long. You could do a vitamin D blood test at the clinic or the lab when you visit the doctor or use the mfine app to book a home visit where the blood sample for the vitamin D deficiency test will be collected at your convenience at your home. You do not need any special preparations for a vitamin D home test.
What help do we provide?
We at mfine ensure that you always have access to the best doctors in Sonipat at your fingertips. We are a mobile health platform that helps deliver on-demand healthcare services to patients from the best hospitals in Sonipat. You can receive the online report of your vitamin D blood test in a matter of 48 hours, all analysed by trained technicians and using high-end technology. The report can also be compared to the normal vitamin D level to analyse your condition. A medical professional from Healthians or Thyrocare will visit your home and take you through the process of the vitamin D deficiency test. You can then consult with the top general physicians in Sonipat for a detailed analysis.
Who should take these tests?
If you observe any symptoms or side effects of low vitamin D, you should avail a vitamin D blood test to check if you have normal vitamin D levels or not. In case you are above the age of 60, or have a history of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, or other such diseases, then a vitamin D deficiency test is recommended as well since you are more prone to low vitamin D symptoms as well. You can consult with a general physician in Sonipat to understand your symptoms better.
Do I need to practice fasting before the blood test?
Fasting is not required to prepare for a vitamin D deficiency test at home. However, in case you are on any other medication or you are getting another blood sample taken for a different test, we recommend you speak to a doctor first. They will clarify if there are any other steps you need to take to prepare for the sample collection.
When will I get the reports?
After the blood sample has been collected for your vitamin D deficiency test, our lab partners will deliver it to the lab for analysis. Within 48 hours, your lab reports will be ready and uploaded onto the mfine app for your doctor to analyse.
What happens once I get my results?
Once the lab reports have been uploaded onto your profile, a general physician in Sonipat will get in touch with you to discuss your vitamin D blood test results. If your low vitamin D symptoms are conclusive and fall in a lower range, they will speak to you about your vitamin D treatment. This will probably involve vitamin D supplements and ways to get natural vitamin D.