COVID RT-PCR Test
1 Test Included
This package covers
- Checks the presence of active SARS-CoV-2 virus
- Indicates if you currently have the COVID-19 infection
- Note : It is a nasal/oral swab test
- You need to email Aadhar softcopy to email@example.com post order booking
- Your report will be available within 24-48 hours of sample pickup
Why should you book this package?
To check if you have an active COVID-19 infection
If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 infection
If you had close contact with someone with confirmed COVID-19
Currently, We are unable to provide
Service at your selected address.
Please select another location
RT PCR Test in Chandigarh: Procedure & Test Results
What is the COVID-19 RT PCR test?
The RT PCR test in Chandigarh is a diagnostic procedure used to determine the presence of the virus causing COVID-19. (Sars -Cov-2) Being highly accurate, it is considered to be one of the most reliable methods to detect an active coronavirus infection. During the procedure, the lab technician uses a sterile swab to carefully collect the contents from inside your throat or nose. Once collected, they are sent to a lab in your locality in Chandigarh for a detailed analysis.
Who should book an online COVID test in Chandigarh?
Chandigarh experienced a learning curve while handling COVID cases from March to June of 2020. While we are seeing a reversing trend with a high recovery rate, it is still imperative to identify the instances where one should perform an RT PCR test in Chandigarh.
Book an online COVID test in Chandigarh if:
- You present COVID 19 symptoms, such as cough, fever, shortness of breath, and sore throat
- You are about to travel to a new place
- You’ve just arrived from another city/country
- You’ve moved to a new town or city
- You closely interacted with a COVID infected person
- You’ve visited a high-risk region
- You are caring for a COVID infected person
- You are currently recovering from the disease and require a re-test
If the above-mentioned points apply to your situation, or if you have been diagnosed with chronic conditions like obesity, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, etc. then performing an RT PCR test in Chandigarh becomes crucial. In any case, if you have medical questions related to a specific health condition, you can refer to our in-depth medical guides for more information. You can also consult a general doctor in Chandigarh if you have any health concerns.
How can you book an online corona test in Chandigarh?
You can book an online COVID 19 test in Chandigarh after fulfilling the mandatory requirements as per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), which includes:
- Any Government ID, such as a Voter ID, Passport, or Aadhar Card. This is to provide the lab processing the sample with the contact information of the suspected patient.
- In Chandigarh, you will also be asked to provide a doctor's prescription stating the coronavirus test requirement.
- You will also need to provide travel details and information regarding any interactions with a COVID-19 patient. (If any)
While Karnataka has been showing a reversing trend in COVID cases since November 2020, it is still crucial to get yourself checked if you suspect that you may have contracted the disease. You can schedule an appointment for the COVID RTPCR test in Chandigarh in the following ways:
- At government labs by visiting the centre.
- At private labs or diagnostic centres. Some of the COVID testing labs in Chandigarh are Command Hospital, NIV Lab, NIMHANS Lab, etc. You can also simply search for “corona test near me”, on the MFine App to get a list of labs that are currently performing COVID tests near you.
- By booking a coronavirus test online in Chandigarh on the MFine App from the comfort of your home.
How can I book an RT PCR test at home in Chandigarh?
You can book a COVID RT PCR test at home in Chandigarh easily on the MFine App.
The steps you need to follow to book an online corona test in Chandigarhare:
Step 1: Sign in to your MFine account
Step 2: Choose the RT-PCR test
Step 3: Upload your doctor’s prescription and a soft copy of your Government ID
Step 4: Select the date and time slot of your preference
Step 5: The lab technician will arrive at your doorstep to collect your sample
Step 6: Receive your medical reports on the MFine App
Step 7: Avail your free online doctor consultation with a top general doctor in Chandigarh
With MFine, you can receive top healthcare services from the comfort of your home. We aim to make medical care affordable and accessible to anyone, anytime, anywhere! With a complete health package focussing on RT PCR procedure in Chandigarh, you can conveniently access the best medical service to fight the COVID-19 infection online!
How do I interpret my RT PCR results?
- Positive RT PCR Results: A positive result indicates that you have an active COVID-19 infection. If tested positive, you must isolate yourself from your family until you test negative. You can either self-quarantine at home, or you can move to a COVID-19 care centre or hospital in Chandigarh depending on the severity of your symptoms. The most important step you need to take is to consult an online general doctor in Chandigarh and ask for follow-up medical advice. This includes the medications you need to take, dietary changes, and your recovery course.
- Negative RT PCR Results: A negative test result indicates that you do not have a COVID-19 infection. However, a negative result should not stop you from following the COVID-19 safety instructions in Chandigarh. Thus, continue social distancing and wear a mask when you leave the house.
Can an antibody test detect the COVID-19 virus?
There’s a common misconception that an antibody test can be used to determine the presence of an active COVID-19 infection. However, as the name suggests, an antibody test can only be used to check for antibodies you’ve developed for the infection. Unlike the COVID RTPCR test, the COVID-19 antibody test is not used for diagnostic purposes. However, if you know someone who was diagnosed with coronavirus disease in the recent past, it is recommended that they perform a COVID-19 antibody test to understand their immunity status against the infection.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS on Online COVID 19 Test in Chandigarh
What are the COVID-19 symptoms I should be aware of?
The most commonly reported symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, fatigue, and dry cough. Other COVID symptoms also include:
- Muscle/joint pain
- Loss of taste/smell
- Sore throat
- Loss of appetite, confusion
- Shortness of breath
- Nasal congestion
- Pain in the chest
If you are experiencing any of the above-mentioned symptoms, you should consider booking an online doctor consultation as soon as possible. The doctor may suggest you perform an online corona test in Chandigarh to confirm an infection if there’s any. With an online medical appointment, you will not have to worry about infecting other people.
Does the coronavirus disease affect individuals of all age groups?
Individuals above the age of 60 and with underlying conditions, such as diabetes, hypertension, obesity, heart problems, etc. are more at risk of developing severe symptoms of COVID-19, if infected. However, it is important to be cautious as anyone can get seriously ill from the coronavirus disease. If you are concerned about having contracted the COVID-19 disease, book a COVID RTPCR test at home in Chandigarh through MFine. Also, consider performing a COVID-19 risk assessment test to get a better understanding of all the risk factors for developing the disease.
I came in close contact with a COVID infected person. What should I do now?
If you’ve interacted with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, then immediately isolate yourself in a room. Wear a mask and maintain at least a 2-meter distance from people near you. In any case, consult a general physician online in your city as soon as possible. They will recommend you for a coronavirus test online in Chandigarh.
Should my family get tested too if the doctor has prescribed an RT-PCR test for me?
Yes, your family needs to get tested as well if you have been in close contact with them. You can easily book a coronavirus test online in Chandigarh on the MFine App.
Do negative COVID test results mean that I can return to work?
If you test negative and do not show any symptoms, you can resume work. Make sure you discuss it with the doctor. In any case, a general doctor in Chandigarh may recommend full body health check up to understand the state of your health after the novel infection.
What is the COVID RT PCR cost in Chandigarh?
You can now book this COVID diagnostic test on our website and the MFine App. The RT PCR cost in Chandigarh starts at ₹1800. If you are searching for “corona test near me”, you can simply log on to the MFine App and get a list of labs that are currently performing COVID tests near you.