2+ Tests Included
This package covers
- Risk Assessment: Diabetes
Why should you book this package?
If you are obese or have a family history of diabetes
Select mfine Lab Partner
Accreditation: NABL, ISO
Healthians is India’s largest provider of health test at-home service, creating a new benchmark in quality.
- Trusted by over 600,000 households
- 300+ trained technicians
- 46 touch-point technology for assured quality collection & testing
Tests Included (2)
- Healthians will allocate a certified lab technician 12-24 hours before your scheduled slot
- Samples will be collected at your house by the Healthians phlebotimist in the scheduled slot
- Your reports will be uploaded on the app within 48 hours of sample collection
- Online consultation with a senior doctor is scheduled for you along with the reports
- Based on your results, our senior doctor will share their advice & a personalized prescription
Thyrocare is India's first fully automated diagnostic laboratory with a focus on providing quality care at affordable costs.
- Centralized laboratory processing 60,000 samples daily
- State of the art diagnostic infrastructure for accuracy & precision
- ISO 9001:2008 and CAP (College of American Pathologists) certified
Tests Included (2)
- Press 'Book Package' below to pay for the package.
- Once the order is confirmed, Thyrocare will allocate a certified lab technician 12-24 hours before your scheduled slot
- Samples will be collected at your house by Thyrocare lab technician during the scheduled slot
- Your report will be available on the app within 24-48 hours of sample collection.
- Your free consultation will start when your reports are ready.
- Our doctor will explain your test results and share his advice.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a metabolic disease that is caused due to excessive amounts of sugar in your body. Typically, the pancreas secretes a hormone called insulin that plays a crucial role in breaking down glucose that can be easily absorbed by the cells. For patients with diabetes, insulin production is affected that surges the blood sugar levels, which is harmful.
What are the types of diabetes?
There are two major types of diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes: It is a condition in which the body is unable to produce insulin as the pancreatic cells producing the hormone are destroyed by your immune cells. This can occur at any age, however, it is diagnosed at a young age.
Type 2 diabetes: It is also a condition in which the pancreas does not produce insulin. Rarely, children are affected by this type of diabetes. This is most prevalent in middle-aged individuals.
Blood sugar test procedure
Once the doctor prescribes a blood sugar test, you will have to book an appointment with the nearby clinic or diagnostic center. You can also opt for a blood sugar test at home through the mfine app. Your blood sample will be collected and evaluated for the amount of sugar. This test will be done in two stages - fasting (before eating) and postprandial (after a meal) - for a complete analysis of your blood glucose levels. Results will be compared with the standard recommended levels and you will be diagnosed accordingly. Doctors will prescribe corresponding medicines and insulin intake to help manage your glucose levels.
Why should you take a blood sugar test?
Over 30 million people in India suffer from diabetes, with many even succumbing to diabetes-related complications owing to poor management. A large proportion of the people suffering from Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes hail from rural areas, with many of them not even knowing what the disease is. The need to emphasise on diabetes screening and its management is the need of the hour - right from identifying the early symptoms of diabetes to recommending a diabetic diet plan. A diabetes screening test includes 2 tests, assesses a person’s diabetic level and prompts them to start taking measures to manage it. There are also other risk factors associated with diabetes, like, stroke, heart diseases, kidney problems, skin disease, nervous trouble and diarrhea.
What we do?
At mfine, we ensure you get your doctor’s consultation on your fingertips. We are a mobile health platform, aggregating branded hospitals to deliver on-demand healthcare services to patients. With a health package focusing on your glucose level done at the comforts of your home,convenience has reached another level and at nominal rates too!
A diabetes glucose test or a diabetes screening includes free consultation with doctors in Ambala. Moreover, catering to the residents of Ambala, you can receive the online report of a diabetes screening test in a matter of 48 hours, all analysed by trained technicians and using high-end technology. Your sample will be picked up from home by the Healthians or Thyrocare phlebotomist at the scheduled time-slot. Are you from Ambala and looking to check if you have diabetes? Book a consultation with a top diabetologist in Ambala via mfine today!