Select mfine Lab Partner
Healthians is India’s largest provider of health test at-home service, creating a new benchmark in quality.
- Trusted by over 600,000 households
- 300+ trained technicians
- 46 touch-point technology for assured quality collection & testing
Tests Included (2)
- Healthians will allocate a certified lab technician 12-24 hours before your scheduled slot
- Samples will be collected at your house by the Healthians phlebotimist in the scheduled slot
- Your reports will be uploaded on the app within 48 hours of sample collection
- Online consultation with a senior doctor is scheduled for you along with the reports
- Based on your results, our senior doctor will share their advice & a personalized prescription
Vitamin Profile Test
What is a vitamin profile test?
Vitamins are essential nutrients your body needs for growth and development. There are a total of 13 vitamins, and each vitamin caters to a specific bodily need. A general physician in Agra may recommend a vitamin profile test to assess your body’s vitamin levels. A vitamin profile test is more commonly referred to as a multivitamin test as it checks for the presence of various kinds of vitamins in your body. This profile test is a blood test for vitamin deficiency, particularly vitamin D and vitamin B12. Vitamin deficiencies are often caused due to poor eating habits, and unhealthy lifestyle choices, thereby leading to various health problems such as low immunity, constant fatigue,etc.
What does the vitamin profile test package include?
The vitamin profile test package provided by MFine includes two tests; they are:
- Vitamin D total test: Vitamin D consists of two types- vitamin D2 and vitamin D3. After absorbing these vitamins from your daily food, your body converts them into a form of vitamin D called 25 hydroxyvitamin D, also known as 25(OH)D. A vitamin D total test measures the amount of 25(OH)D in your blood. Low levels of 25(OH)D in your blood can indicate poor nutrition, bone disorders, or even organ damage.
- Vitamin B12 blood test: A vitamin B12 blood test measures the vitamin B12 levels in your blood. Your body requires vitamin B12 to produce a significant number of blood cells and maintain a healthy nervous system. A dip in vitamin B12 may indicate poor absorption of this nutrient. The most common medical condition associated with poor vitamin B12 levels in the body is anemia.
Why do I need a vitamin profile test?
Your general physician in Agra may prescribe that you take a vitamin deficiency test if they notice vitamin deficiency symptoms in your body. Common vitamin deficiency symptoms include:
- Joint/ muscle pain
- Shortness of breath
- Weight loss
- Hair loss
- Frequent infections
- Lower back pain
A general doctor in Agra may also recommend a multivitamin test if you have been diagnosed with certain medical conditions. These conditions can increase your risk of developing vitamin deficiencies. They include:
- Issues related to bone health, like bone weakness/ softness or osteomalacia
- Osteoporosis or other similar bone disorders
- Chronic lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol, or hypertension
- Old age, as low vitamin levels are common in adults
- Malabsorption syndrome
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Excessive fatigue/ pale skin
- Issues with nerve health, like burning sensation in feet and hands, or numbness
You should consult a general physician in Agra about any vitamin deficiency symptoms you may present to start immediate treatment for the same. Your general physician in Agra may request you to get a comprehensive health check-up or recommend medicines.
What happens during a vitamin profile test?
A general doctor in Agra can recommend a vitamin profile test to measure the vitamin levels in your body. A multivitamin test is similar to any blood test, where your blood sample is collected through a needle injected into your arm. You could either do a multivitamin test at the clinic when you visit the general doctor in Agra, or book a home appointment using the MFine app. Our lab technicians will arrive at your home during the scheduled slot while strictly following the COVID-19 safety guidelines while performing the vitamin profile test. You do not need any special preparations for a blood test for vitamin deficiency.
How do I book a vitamin profile test online?
Vitamin profile tests are available online to complete the health check-up process in your home while safely practicing social distancing. A vitamin profile test online includes a free consultation with top doctors in Agra. We cater to the people of Agra by ensuring your samples get analyzed by trained lab technicians using the latest technology. The sample of your blood will be picked up from home by a lab technician during the scheduled time-slot.
At MFine , healthcare services are provided to everyone by making them affordable and accessible. Your convenience and comfort is our top priority. With online consultations and at-home health check-ups, we provide medical care at your doorstep!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Who should take the vitamin profile test?
Your general physician in Agra may prescribe that you take a vitamin deficiency test if they notice vitamin deficiency symptoms in your body. A general doctor in Agra may also recommend a multivitamin test if you have been diagnosed with certain medical conditions like bone disorders, diabetes, obesity, high cholesterol, or hypertension or if you are above the age of 60.
Do I need to practice fasting for a vitamin profile test?
Dietary practices like fasting are not required to prepare for a vitamin profile test. However, we recommend you to consult a general doctor in Agra if you are on medications or taking another test at the same time. The doctor will be able to direct you on the way forward based on your health condition, current prescription, and other lifestyle-related factors.
When will I get my medical reports for the vitamin profile test?
Once the blood sample is collected at your home, it will be analyzed by trained lab professionals using the latest technology. Your medical reports will be uploaded to your MFine profile within 48 hours only. We ensure that your medical reports will be stored in a private and secure database that will strictly remain confidential.
What happens once I get my vitamin profile test results?
Once your vitamin profile test results have been uploaded, a general physician in Agra will get in touch with you to discuss the way forward. If you have low vitamin levels in your body, the physician will recommend medications, supplements, or dietary changes to ensure you get back to your normal vitamin levels.