All About Female Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
Pelvic inflammatory disease is an infection of the reproductive organs of the females. It includes the lower abdomen region as well as the ovaries, cervix, and uterus.
- Easily spreads by sexual contact
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Requires medical diagnosis
- Lab tests and imaging techniques may be required
- Short-term: resolves within a few weeks
Ages affected: It usually affects women aged 16 to 45 years of age.
The most common cause of Female Pelvic Inflammatory disease is bacteria which is acquired during unprotected sex. The other factors which can put you at a higher risk of developing the condition are:
- When you are sexually active below the age of 25
- Having multiple sex partners
- Unprotected sex
- Douching vagina
- History of pelvic inflammatory disease
The common symptoms in Pelvic Inflammatory disease include:
- Pain in the lower or upper abdomen region
- Fever with chills
- Abnormal uterine bleeding during or after intercourse
- Painful sex
- Painful urination
You can adopt these self-care measures to prevent the condition:
Practicing safe and protected sex
- Avoid douching the vagina
- Wiping the vaginal area from front to back to prevent bacteria from entering the vaginal area
Doctors usually prescribe a course of antibiotics to treat pelvic inflammatory disease. In the case of ruptures and abscess in the pelvic region, surgery may be required.
A consultation with a gynecologist is recommended to treat Female pelvic inflammatory disease effectively. We at mfine are here to provide you access to the best medical specialists for appropriate treatment. Get on board with us for effective solutions to all health issues.