What are biochemical pregnancy and its causes?
Biochemical pregnancy is early miscarriage which happens shortly after the implantation.
Chemical pregnancy account for 50-70 miscarriages. 
- Blood tests required
- Imaging required.
- In most cases treatable by a medical professional
Chemical pregnancy usually occurs in the fifth week of pregnancy. Due to the early miscarriage sometimes, woman may not be even aware of pregnancy. It happens before ultrasound can be able to detect ferus. But pregnancy test can detect hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).
- Very mild abdominal cramping
- Vaginal bleeding may occur, days after getting a positive result.
- In some cases, bleeding is heavier than before
- Mild spotting a week before period is due can be a sign
- Low hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) hormonal levels
- Chemical pregnancy doesn't last long to cause nausea.
Self-care: Have a balanced diet and visit your doctor frequently.
Medication: There can be any underlying causes of chemical pregnancy and curing this cause can help in resulting in a healthy pregnancy. For example, If a patient has an undiagnosed infection which is hindering pregnancy, the doctor can prescribe medicine for it which will help in a healthy pregnancy.
Specialist: It is necessary to get the patient checked by a specialist who can understand and give proper treatment for a chemical pregnancy. At mfine, we check each and every disease with precision to give the best treatment.