Last modified on March 2021
With inputs from Dr.Jisha B, General Physician
– In a normal menstrual cycle, a period is expected to occur every 21 to 35 days and can last anywhere between 4-7 days. If the duration of this cycle is longer or shorter, it is considered an irregular menstrual cycle/ abnormal menstrual cycle.
– If you experience any abnormalities in your cycle, consult a gynecologist to identify the exact causes of irregular menstruation and solution for the same.
– Many factors can act as irregular menstruation causes. Changes in production of hormones in your body, such as estrogen and progesterone are the most common cause of an abnormal menstrual cycle.
– Apart from this, several disorders are associated with menses problems as well. They include PCOS, endometriosis, thyroid problems, stress, lifestyle & dietary changes, and more.
– If you experience an abnormal menstrual cycle, consult a gynecologist immediately. The doctor will be able to perform a thorough diagnosis and suggest suitable remedies for irregular periods.