Last modified on March 2021
With inputs from Dr.Jisha B, General Physician
– A milium cyst is a dome-shaped, small white/ yellow bump on skin that occurs on the face, typically on the nose, cheeks, and under the eyes. Multiple milium cysts are called milia.
– While milia under eye commonly appear in newborns, it can occur in people of all ages. It is also commonly misconceived to be a type of acne/ pimples in India.
– Milia white bumps on face can cause some level of discomfort. Friction can also cause irritation/ redness to milia under eyes.
– Milia on face causes can depend on the age of an individual. Since milia white bumps on face have a distinctive appearance, the dermatologist will simply perform a physical examination to diagnose it.
– If you are searching for a suitable Indian milia remedy, a dermatologist can guide you through the treatment plans available in India.