Last modified on March 2021
With inputs from Dr.Vedalatha Kakani, General Physician
– Keratolysis Exfoliativa is the condition of peeling of the skin around the palms and soles. The condition may be seen around other parts of the body as well.
– The number of cases for the condition of skin peeling off the body rises during the summer months and is usually seen in patients who have sweaty palms.
– Keratolysis Exfoliativa in India may arise due to sunburns or infections that directly cause damage to the skin. The condition may also be a sign of immune system disorders.
– Common symptoms that accompany skin peeling are rashes, itching, dryness and other irritants. Generally, the condition does not require any lab tests to be performed.
– Treatment for Keratolysis Exfoliativa in India doesn’t require any major medical processes. Usually the condition subsides with the use of an ointment as prescribed by the general physician.