A traumatic ulcer is a mouth ulcer. Painful sores that occur in the mouth are called ulcers. Ulcers caused due to biting the cheek or tongue by sharp teeth, brushing or poorly fitting dentures. These ulcers are called â€˜traumatic ulcersâ€™.
Pain in these ulcers is due to exposure of the nerves underneath the lining of the mouth. 
- Medical diagnosis is not required
- Lab tests and imaging are not required
- Acute; lasts for few weeks
Some of the causes of mouth ulcers are noted below:
1. Having hard food can damage the lining of the mouth.
2. Eating hot food or beverages may cause a thermal burn.
3. Many infections have the first symptom as mouth ulcers.
In mouth cancer, the first thing we come across is an ulcer in our mouth. This lasts for longer than 3 weeks and which needs to be looked at by a medical professional.
An ulcer is observed on the mucous membrane of the oral cavity accompanied by a sharp pain.
These may help you in treating a traumatic ulcer:
- Maintaining your mouth healthy and as clean as possible
- Take OTC medications
- To reduce the risk of damaging the mouth, using a good-quality toothbrush
- Eating fresh fruits and vegetables
- Having a good diet that includes vitamins A, C, E
Due to the natural healing power of the tongue. Traumatic ulcers are untreated. Occasionally these require some medications. Also Antimicrobial mouthwashes are quite helpful
If you experience persistent pain, consult a physician. At mfine, the doctor goes through your medical record and helps you choose an appropriate treatment.
Find more about us at https://www.mfine.co/