Sexually Transmitted Diseases: Symptoms and Treatment
Infections or diseases transmitted by oral, vaginal or anal intercourse or by genital touching.
Sexual activities involving oral and anal sex and mutual masturbation can expose people to various STDs 
1. Treatable by a medical professional
2. Medical diagnosis is required
3. Lab tests and imaging may be required
4. Chronic - may last for years or life
5. Spreads by sexual intercourse
Also called as STIs, there are more than 20 types of diseases in this category. Often the person may not know about having the infection. It is essential to inform your partner if you have an infection or be sure that they donâ€™t have an infection. There are numerous tests and diagnosis methods. It affects men and women, both, but pregnant women may develop more perilous conditions.
1. Various discharges from vagina or penis
2. Painful urination and bowel movements
3. Discomfort during intercourse
4. Heavy period pain or intermediate bleeding
5. Painful and swollen testicles
6. Pain and itching in the vaginal, penile, anal areas, and around inner thighs
7. Strong vaginal odour
8. Swollen Lymph nodes (Often in HIV)
9. Pain areas in abdomen, joints and muscles
10. Fatigue, headaches, rashes, nausea, sore throats, fever, weight loss, diarrhea and night sweats
1. Precautions like condoms and dental dams.
2. Refrain from sexual intercourse till the infection is treated.
Medications: Antibiotics may treat bacterial STIs, but only symptom control medications can be used in cases of viral STIs.
Specialists: Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.