Resting Tremors Are Non-Fatal
A resting tremor isnt life threatening, but can be embarrassing and even disabling.
Resting tremor present in 70% of Parkinson's disease patients. 
- Middle-aged and older adults, although it can occur at any age
- Affects both sexes equally
- Causes include muscle fatigue, caffeine overconsumption, stress, aging, and low blood sugar levels
- Medical causes include stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, alcoholism, hyperthyroidism
- Physical examination, blood and urine tests, neurological exam, electromyogram
Resting tremor occurs when the muscles are relaxed. Its an unintentional and uncontrollable rhythmic tremor of the hand/hands when they are resting on the lap. It may occur while lying too. Resting tremors are known to affect only the hands or fingers. Parkinsons disease is a type of resting tremor and is commonly known as â€œpill-rolling tremor. People with resting tremor find difficulty in performing normal daily activities such as eating, writing, working, bathing and dressing. This leads to dependence and often causes â€˜social disability.
Rhythmic shaking in the hands, arms, head, legs, or torso and shaky voice.
People may experience:
Difficulty writing or drawing, holding, and controlling objects.
Self-care: Physical, speech-language, and occupational therapy. Muscle strengthening exercises.
Medications: Beta blockers or anti-seizure medications, tranquilizers, botox injections.
Specialists: For other kinds, consult a physician or a neurologist. At mfine, were here to help you with different areas of health issues; come on board for a holistic treatment program.