Orchitis And Its Symptoms And Treatments.
Orchitis is a condition, which is either caused by the mumps virus, or by bacterial infection due to sexually transmitted infections (STI) or epididymitis.
Men falling in the age group of 19 years to 35 years have a high chance of being infected with orchitis.
Orchitis is characterized by inflammation and swelling in one or both of the testicles.
Orchitis is typically self-diagnosable. Symptoms include:
- Mild or severe pain during urination and ejaculation.
- Pain in one or both testicles.
- Swelling and inflammation in the scrotum.
- Blood in the semen in severe cases.
- Get yourself vaccinated against the mumps as a preventive measure.
- Apply ice packs on the testicles.
- Keep the testicles in an elevated angle as much as possible.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights and sexual intercourse.
- Over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines and antibiotics for easing inflammation and infection may be taken.
In case the cause is an STI, proper treatment is required. Therefore, it is advisable to consult a doctor or a physician who will run some tests. At Mfine, we have the best team of doctors to help you with different health issues. Contact us to get holistic treatment.