Onycholysis: All You Need To Know
It is defined as the separation of the nail from the skin underneath.
The Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis Association estimates at least 50 percent of people with psoriasis experience problems with their nails. 
1. Usually self-diagnosable.
2. Can last for months and correct itself.
3. Can happen to both, men and women.
Onycholysis is a common disease with various causes. It takes about 4 to 6 months for fingernails and 8 to 12 months for toenails to grow. Causes may include an injury to the nail, wearing tight shoes, allergy from nail products and reaction to systematic trauma or medications. Sometimes, Onycholysis may indicate a serious yeast infection or thyroid disease. Even deficiency of vitamins and minerals may lead to onycholysis.
1. Nail begin to peel upward off of the nail bed underneath.
2. It is not painful when it happens.
3. The nail may become yellow, green, purple, white or grey.
4. Cause of onycholysis may lead to pain.
1. You may treat Onycholysis at home by applying a mixture of tea tree oil and coconut oil to get rid of the fungus.
2. Keep the nail dry while it heals.
Recurring onycholysis may need diagnosis and treatment. Your doctor may conduct a blood test to know the cause of onycholysis and prescribe medicines as per that.
Specialists: At mfine, you can connect with the best doctors to treat this kind of health issue with a comprehensive treatment program.