Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
Your First consultation is
Food Intolerance: Diet And Preventive Measures
Food Intolerance is a condition where a person suffers from digestion problems due to certain substances present in food items.
Studies show that around 45% of the population experience food intolerance, revealing how our bodies are not capable of digesting certain foods. 
● The causes of Food Intolerance can range from absence or deficiency of certain enzymes and the presence of additives, chemicals, histamines, and toxins in food items.
● Suspect food items include gluten, dairy products, caffeine products, cured food, seafood, artificial food coloring and sweeteners, flavor enhancers and so on.
● It usually takes a few hours to a day or two for the symptoms of Food Intolerance to the surface.
● The person experiencing this condition should immediately consult a doctor if symptoms worsen or persist.
It is also known as non- immunoglobulin E (non-IgE) - mediated food hypersensitivity or non-allergic food hypersensitivity.
Symptoms of Food Intolerance are similar to that of food allergy and usually take a longer time (as long as two days) to surface. Common symptoms include:
● Stomach ache
● Intestinal gas
● Nausea and vomiting
● Irritable Bowel
Diagnostic tests for Food Intolerance include:
● Skin Prick Test
● Blood Test
● Adopting a diet where food items suspected to cause food intolerance are avoided
● The inclusion of certain supplements in one’s diet.
● Avoiding food that contains gluten, dairy products, and allergens.
Besides this, you will have to consult a doctor at regular intervals.
At mfine, we make sure that our patients get best-in-class treatment and recover their good health wholly and early.
MD - Aerospace Medicine, DIH, PGDHA, MBA Hospital Administration
28+ years exp
MBBS, Post Graduate Diploma in Health Sciences (PGDHSc), Master of Health Sciences (MHSc)
17+ years exp
MBBS, DNB(Family Medicine), PG Diploma in Diabetes and Endocrinology
12+ Years exp
MBBS, MD(Internal Medicine), MRCP-SCE Endocrinology & Diabetes
8+ Years exp
MBBS, DNB- Family Medicine, Fellowship in DIabetes, PG Diploma in Infectious Diseases
13+ Years exp
MD (General Medicine). Fellowship in Diabetes Mellitus
10+ Years exp
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App