Discoid Lupus Erythematosus: Symptoms and Treatment
A chronic skin condition which generally affects the face, scalp and ears.
Discoid Lupus Erythematosus increases the risk of skin cancer among the patients affected. 
- Treatment can help, but this condition cannot be cured.
- Requires medical diagnosis.
- Lab tests and imaging are rarely required.
- Chronic: can last for years or be lifelong.
Discoid Lupus Erythematosus is a condition which develops scarring, inflammation and coin-shaped lesions, which mainly appears on your face, scalp and ears. The lesions are often aggravated when exposed to direct sunlight. Severe cases can also lead to permanent scarring and hair loss.
- Skin rash that can range from a mild patch of pink to skin color
- Thick scales on the skin and your scalp
- Round lesions on your face
- Patches of hair loss
- Ulcers inside the lips
- Try and avoid the sun.
- Always apply a sunscreen lotion with SPF of 70 or higher before you go out.
- Wear clothes that protect your skin from sunlight, even on cloudy days.
- Quit smoking.
Using Non-Steroidal topical creams and ointments can help reduce the inflammation.
Seek immediate medical attention from your doctor if you start developing round coin-shaped lesions all over your body.
At mfine, you will receive a comprehensive treatment plan for optimum health and speedy recovery.