Left Lower Abdominal Pain: All You Need to Know
The pain in the left lower abdomen region can be caused due to several reasons, out of which, some are common and while others can be serious.
One in 10 Americans over the age of 40 have Diverticulosis - a condition that causes severe abdominal pain. 
- Left lower abdominal pain is common and not alarming.
- Requires medical diagnosis when the pain is severe
- Physical examination, Lab analysis and Imaging such as Ultrasound, MRI may be required.
- Can be both acute and chronic.
The left lower side of the abdomen has the last part of the colon and in case of some women, this is where the left ovary is present. It is very important to understand the root cause of the pain so as to make sure that it is not any serious disorder and also to get the appropriate treatment.
They are self-diagnosable and include fever, nausea, vomiting, abdominal tenderness and diarrhea.
People may experience
- Severe pain in the abdomen while urinating
- Blood in the stool
- Cramps during the menstrual period
Self-Care: Applying hot water in the abdomen region can ease the pain. Carbonated drinks can relieve the pain if it is caused due to gas.
Medications: Depending upon the root cause of the pain, antibiotics, and drugs should be taken as per your doctor's prescription.
Specialists: Get an appointment with mfine to undergo the best treatments and therapies to assure stable health.