Location

Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To

Your First consultation is
Free!

51
Fertility Specialists

3967
Cases done
by Fertility Specialists

45
Hospitals

Secondary Infertility & Recurrent Miscarriage - What You Need to Know

About

Secondary infertility is the inability to conceive or bring a fetus to term after giving birth to a baby. Two or more consecutive miscarriages is termed as recurrent miscarriage.
Secondary infertility affects more than 3 million women in the states.

- Requires medical diagnosis
- A wide range of treatment options available
- Causes are varied

Among the women who experience recurrent miscarriage, 70% are primary recurrent pregnancy loss cases i.e. all previous pregnancies were lost. Remaining 30% come under secondary infertility. Secondary infertility can happen due to insufficient sperm production, ovulation disorder, damage in the fallopian tube, other factors like age and use of certain medicines. Recurrent miscarriage, on the other hand, is due to genetic or chromosomal abnormalities. Infections, excessive smoking, and auto-immune disease can also be the reasons.

Symptoms

Self-diagnosable
Repeated miscarriages or inability to become pregnant.
Medical diagnosis
Understanding the medical history of both the partners including genetic and family history. The doctor might recommend a series of tests to check reproductive health and hormonal function.

Treatment

Self-care
Coping with repeated miscarriages or secondary infertility can be stressful. Seek support from your close ones.

Specialist
The treatment depends on the underlying cause. And regardless of the cause, the chances of you becoming a parent (again) is as high as 77%. In vitro fertilization might also be recommended. Talk to one of our Mfine health experts today to become a part of a holistic treatment plan.

Other Specialities

Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App