Infertility in men is a condition that affects the ability of a man to produce enough sperm that impacts the ability of a couple to conceive a child. Infertility in men is a common condition that affects 4 out of 10 people worldwide.
Since there are a lot of common misconceptions regarding infertility in men, it is important to know the facts:
- Male infertility is not life-threatening
- Male infertility is treatable
- Male infertility is not contagious
Some habits like excessive smoking and heavy consumption of alcohol can lead to symptoms of infertility in men. It can be caused by numerous genetic and environmental factors. Smoking, in particular, is considered the leading cause of infertility in men.
Here are some hard facts about male infertility that every man should know:
- It is common but it is certainly possible to overcome it. Depression and emotional stress can impact a man’s fertility so counselling and psychiatric help should be sought out.
- Loss of facial hair mostly due to hormonal Imbalances can be a symptom of infertility in men.
- Sometimes, infertility in men can be caused by genetic or hereditary reasons.
- Vitamin E can help in making your sperm count a lot more healthy.
- Chronic illnesses such as diabetes, obesity and alcoholism can impact sperm production.
Symptoms of the causes of male infertility:
- Swollen Testicles
- Reduced libido or sex drive
- Low dispersion of fluid during ejaculation
- Pain in testicles
- Loss of ability to smell
- Decreased body hair
- Difficulty maintaining an erection
- Fatigue, depression, anxiety
Treatment for male fertility
Some causes of infertility in men are smoking and the consumption of alcohol. Avoiding such unhealthy habits can help to increase sperm count and motility, helping to alleviate infertility symptoms. Maintaining a healthy, balanced diet and regularly exercising also helps to remove symptoms of infertility in men and prevent symptoms of infertility from appearing in the first place. Having a healthy sex life with regular sexual intercouse also prevents male infertility.
Doctors might recommend a range of therapies based on the degree of infertility. While conceiving, doctors may recommend fertility treatments like in vitro fertilisation depending on the cause and viability. mfine offers online fertility consultation with some of the best IVF specialists.
Consult an andrologist and urologist if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors. With the help of mfine, you can connect with expert physicians for a holistic treatment approach. After determining the causes of infertility, our expert fertility doctors online recommend some of the best fertility specialists online. Find the best fertility doctors on mfine. Our doctors provide online fertility consultation with proper care and prepare a personalized preliminary treatment plan for patients with this sensitive condition.