Thyrotoxicosis (Hyperthyroidism): Symptoms and Treatment
It is an extreme condition of the thyroid, where it generates too much of T4, T3 or both.
Over 70 percent of U.S. adults with Hyperthyroidism are given radioactive iodine. 
1. Graves disease is the most common cause of it.
2. Requires treatments like thyroid stimulating hormonal test, triglyceride test or thyroid scan.
3. Affects women more than men.
4. Women under the age of 40 are most likely to be affected.
Thyrotoxicosis is excessive thyroid hormone including hyperthyroidism. And hyperthyroidism is excessive production of thyroid hormone by the thyroid gland. These both terms are used interchangeably. Causes include excess iodine, tumors in the ovaries or inflammation of the thyroid, etc.
1. Appetite: Increased appetite, nausea, and vomiting.
2. Sleep Issues: Difficulty sleeping, restlessness, and weakness.
3. Skin and Hair Issues: Itching, brittle hair and hair loss.
4. Other Symptoms: Shortness of breath, irregular heart rate and loss of consciousness.
Self-care: Eating a proper diet and intaking lots of calcium and sodium can help in preventing hyperthyroidism. Also, exercise might be recommended by your doctor.
Medication: Your doctor will prescribe common antithyroid medicines and thyroid supplements.
Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.