CT Scan of the Brain with Contrast Test is medically called the Computed Tomography Brain test. This CT scan takes a comprehensive three-dimensional picture of the skull and helps to detect damage to the skull. The whole process is an imaging process.
Some of the primary reasons to book a CT Scan of the Brain with Contrast Test include-
- To recognise if the individual had a brain injury or skull fracture caused due by any past trauma.
- To detect if the individual has a presence of brain illnesses such as hydrocephalus.
- To identify if any internal bleeding or clot has developed within the brain.
- To detect if meninges (the covering of the brain and spine) inflammation has developed.
- To identify the existence of tumours.
- For evaluating the stroke risk.
In case you’re experiencing symptoms such as severe headache, bleeding, and others, it is suggested to book a CT Scan of the Brain with a Contrast test at the earliest possible through MFine.