Book CT Scan Brain Contrast in Mumbai
- A blood clot within the brain
- A sudden severe headache
- Injuries to soft tissues
- Loss of vision
- Haemorrhage in the brain
- Fractures of the bones
- Bleeding within the brain
- Skull fractures
- Brain injury
Request a Call Back
Lab infrastructure in Mumbai
Mumbai’s healthcare system is one of the best in India. It is rated highly by patients. Mumbai residents can access some of the world’s most advanced medical services and facilities. The city has some of the most cutting-edge hospitals that provide world-class care, including pathology and laboratory testing, to patients 24/7.
The labs are housed right inside the hospital so that testing can be conducted without having to visit any other location across town. Reports take anywhere from 24 hours up to 1 or 2 days maximum depending on the lab test you are seeking and how urgent the case is. Doctors can collect samples on-site at all times, and results can even be delivered directly to patient rooms as needed.
Why book a CT Scan of the Brain with a Contrast Test?
CT Scan of the Brain with Contrast Test is medically called the Computed Tomography Brain test. This CT scan takes a comprehensive three-dimensional picture of the skull and helps to detect damage to the skull. The whole process is an imaging process.
Some of the primary reasons to book a CT Scan of the Brain with Contrast Test include-
- To recognise if the individual had a brain injury or skull fracture caused due by any past trauma.
- To detect if the individual has a presence of brain illnesses such as hydrocephalus.
- To identify if any internal bleeding or clot has developed within the brain.
- To detect if meninges (the covering of the brain and spine) inflammation has developed.
- To identify the existence of tumours.
- For evaluating the stroke risk.
In case you’re experiencing symptoms such as severe headache, bleeding, and others, it is suggested to book a CT Scan of the Brain with a Contrast test at the earliest possible through MFine.
What are the tests included in the CT Scan of the Brain with Contrast Test?
The tests which your treating doctor can recommend to be included along the CT Scan of the Brain with Contrast Test may include:
- Quick blood test: This is to ensure that your health expert has chosen the right dye to conduct the actual CT scan of the brain.
- Dietary limitations: The intake of food & water can hamper the test readings; therefore, it is suggested to fast for at least 4 hours before the test is conducted.
- Medication for allergies: If you have an allergy to the CT contrast agent (which contains iodine), you may need to take a steroid the night before and the morning of the procedure and an antihistamine like Benadryl.
- Solution for preparation: Your technician or nurse will tell you to consume the oral contrast solution.
What preparation is required for the CT Scan of the Brain with Contrast Test?
While going for the CT scan, one should be aware of several important factors.
- Firstly, choose your attire, keeping comfort in mind, or you might need to slip into hospital gowns to ease out the process.
- Metal artefacts, such as jewellery, eyeglasses, dentures, and hairpins can cause CT pictures to be distorted. Therefore, leave them at home.
- It is advised to inform the doctor about any underlying problems and your family’s health. In addition, any supplements you have been consuming or had consumed in the past must be informed to the treating doctor.
- Do not forget to mention if you have any allergies.
- Certain medications may impact your test findings, so try to take a prescription from a doctor in that case. In case you’re consuming any medicines or drugs, inform that as well.
If you’re pregnant or trying for the same, do inform that as well.
What is the average cost of the CT Scan of the Brain with Contrast Test in Mumbai?
The cost of a CT Scan of the Brain with a Contrast test depends on the city, the lab partner, the physician’s specific recommendations, and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Mumbai is usually between Rs. 1200 to Rs. 1500. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost at the time of booking the appointment.
How to book a CT Scan Brain Contrast Test in Mumbai?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for a CT scan brain?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting a CT scan brain done.
Are there any discounts running on MFine for CT scan brains?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for ct scan brains. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment for the CT scan brain test?
Yes, you can easily reschedule the appointment for a CT scan brain with the MFine app. Just go to the app, and there is an option to reschedule the appointment.
What might a CT scan of the head reveal?
Doctors frequently employ head CT to identify haemorrhage, brain damage, and skull fractures in patients with head trauma. In a patient suffering from a severe headache, bleeding caused by a burst or leaky aneurysm. A blood clot or bleeding within the brain in a patient suffering from stroke symptoms.
What should you avoid doing before a contrast-enhanced CT scan?
If your doctor has ordered a CT scan with contrast, you should not eat anything three hours before the scan. It is recommended that you consume clear beverages. You may also take any drugs given to you before your checkup.
Is a CT scan of the brain dangerous?
The CT scan is a non-invasive, painless treatment that doctors usually regard to be safe. It may, however, pose certain hazards. Because a CT scan exposes a person to radiation, there is a chance that the individual will acquire cancer as a result of the high radiation doses.
Can a CT scan detect a bleed in the brain?
CT scans frequently miss soft tissue injuries and other anomalies. These may or may not be detected by an MRI. In addition, TBIs might take a long time to manifest. Thus, a small brain haemorrhage or nerve fibre injury may not occur for hours or even days; long after you’ve attended the emergency department.
Is it necessary to use contrast in a CT scan of the brain?
A CT scan of the brain can be performed with or without contrast. However, it is seldom necessary. In general, it is preferable to leave the choice of contrast or no contrast to the imaging physician’s judgement.
After a CT scan with contrast, how much water should I drink?
You should drink six to eight glasses of water after receiving a contrast dye injection to help flush it out of your system. An imaging physician who specialises in CT scan interpretation will review your report. On average, the findings will be provided to your doctor within 48 hours.
What may I expect following a contrast-enhanced CT scan?
After a CT scan, what happens next? If contrast dye was used during your treatment, you might be watched for a period of time for any contrast dye-related adverse effects or reactions, such as itching, swelling, rash, or trouble breathing.
Is it possible to acquire a headache following a CT scan?
Minor responses to the IV contrast used in CT scans may include nausea, vomiting, headache, or dizziness, which are usually short-lived and do not require treatment. There have been incidences of hives (urticaria) and rash, which can be treated with antihistamines or other drugs.
How long does it take to have a CT scan of the head?
During your exam, the technician will always be able to see and hear you. This treatment typically takes between 15 and 30 minutes.
What medications interact with contrast?
Renin-angiotensin system blockers, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, diuretics, and metformin may enhance the risk of CI-AKI during contrast imaging in patients with cardiovascular disease, renal disease, and/or diabetes.