How To Slay A Post-Acne Scar
Dark spots left behind by acne cause cosmetic distress.
As per a multi-national survey, facial acne scars are perceived negatively by society. 
Age - puberty to adult including old age
Gender - both sexes but more in females
Acne scars are formed when a breakout (acne/pimples) penetrates the skin deeply and damages the tissues beneath it. Often, they have a negative psychological impact on an individualâ€™s social life.
- Face - Atrophic or depressed scars
- Chest and back - Hypertrophic or raised scars (dark spots)
People may experience
Cosmetic distress and anxiety
- Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) to treat acne, remove dead skin and prevent clogged pores.
- Lactic acid peels to lighten acne scars
- Topical retinoids to smooth scars
- Always wear sunscreen
- Topical Salicylic acid to clear pores and exfoliate the skin, reduce swelling and redness
- Dermabrasion for shallow boxcar or rolling scars
- Chemical peels for all types of acne scars, especially for deeper scars
- Laser resurfacing for all types of acne scars and lighter skin tones
- Fillers for the small number of boxcar or rolling scars
- Microneedling for depressed acne scars
- Injections for raised scars
- Minor Surgery for deeply depressed scars and raised scars
For other kinds, consult a physician or a dermatologist. At mfine weâ€™re here to help
you with different areas of health issues, come on board for a holistic treatment program.