Post Accidental Scarring
What are post-accidental scars?
Accidental scars are the result of any injury or trauma that happen during an accident, burns or even a surgery. These scars show up during the healing process and often disappear or reduce in size. However, in some cases, these scars can be a problem causing pain and hindrance in movement. Moreover, these scars are not appealing. Hence, removing or naturally curing these scar is vital.
Types of post-accidental scars
There are different types of scars based on their occurrence. Accidental scars are classified as:
- Hypertrophic Scars: Hypertrophic scars are the outcome of excessive collagen production during the wound healing process.
- Keloid Scars: Keloid scars are similar to Hypertrophic scars, but they extend beyond the actual injury location. These can be treated similar to Hypertrophic scars using silicone gels and medications like steroids.
- Contrastructure Scars: Contrastructure scars occur because of burns and can be treated with ointments and medicines. However, if the burns are severe, then patients are quarantined and treated carefully.
- Acne Scars: Another common scar type is the acne scars on your face and hands that results in redness and marks on your body. However, with medical creams acne scars can be treated. Laser treatments are used to remove acne scars.
Chickenpox can also cause small scars on your body. However, these are short-lived and disappear over time.
Kinds of treatment for post-accidental scars
How to remove old scars is a common concern for people. Treatments are specified based on the severity of the problem.
- Medication like steroids and ointments are prescribed for removing the scars. It is best to consult with your doctor for medication. However, there are other simple home remedies that aid in eliminating accidental scars.
- Gentle massage with aloe vera gel, onion extract gel and coconut oil massage are some natural remedies.
- You can also tie up a cloth around the scars to apply pressure and use lavender or olive oil to heal the scarred areas of your skin.
When to seek help?
If simple home remedies do not have any effect on your skin, you can consult your dermatologist for treatments and medication. You can download the mfine app and get in touch with the best dermatologists for expert advice and treatment.