OILY SKIN: All you need to know
Oily skin occurs when the sebaceous glands in the skin produce excess sebum.
Approximately 85% of people between the ages of 12 and 24 years experience at least minor oily skin.
- Sometimes it can take a month or two until you see any major improvements
- If youre still dealing with excess oil after this time, you may want to see your dermatologist
- The ultimate test of effectiveness is a personal experience.
- It is essential to test any product or method on a small patch of skin
Oily skin is because of the overproduction of sebum from sebaceous glands. Sebum isn't all bad as it helps protect and moisturize your skin, and keeps your hair shiny and healthy.
- Very large or obvious pores on the skin
- Skin appears thick or rough
People may experience
Oily facial skin has both an emotional and social impact such as embarrassment, irritation, and frustration.
- Use a cleanser, toner, and moisturizer twice every day
- Apply a facial mask once a week
- Use blotting papers and medicated pads
Medication: Cloth pads that are medicated with familiar cleansing ingredients can be suggested by a dermatologist.
Specialist: When nothing else seems to work, consider seeing a dermatologist.
Cant find appropriate cure and prevention? Just download MFINE to find out.