Nummular Eczema: All You Need To Know.
Nummular eczema is a chronic and itchy skin rash thatâ€™s coin-shaped.
Appears mostly in men, between ages of 55-65. (1)
- Can occur at any age.
- Amongst women, the age bracket of 13-25 is most likely to be affected.
- Requires skin scraping or a fungal culture
Nummular eczema resembles ringworm infection. Known triggers include skin injuries such as burns, abrasions, or insect bites.
Nummular eczema is self-diagnosable. Symptoms include:
- Single or multiple coin-shaped patches on arms, legs, torso and/or hands.
- Itching and burning sensation, with lesions that ooze liquid or have crusted over.
- Red, pinkish or brown, scaly and inflamed skin around the lesions.
Moisturize your skin regularly. This helps in calming and protecting your skin.
Steroid medication, phototherapy, coal-tar creams, or a non-corticosteroid topical medication is usually suggested. Topical or oral antibiotics are also recommended.
For the above mentioned or any other conditions that concern you, please consult a doctor. At mfine, we have the best team of doctors to help you with different health issues. Contact us to get holistic treatment.